Problematic skin conditions are exactly that... problematic!
- Drink plenty of water - most research shows that our skin is made up of between 55-70% water, keep hydrated to stop your skin feeling flaky or looking dull.
- Avoid the calling of processed sugar, we know it is hard but many breakouts are the worst after eating too much junk and processed foods. By eating wholesome foods we nourish our skin from the inside out
- Use a cleanser in the morning and night to remove all the toxins built up during sleep and from exposure to external factors during the day. Our 2 in 1 cleanser has a superfine pumice in it and other anti bacterial properties, which has proven extremely beneficial for problematic skin where the build up is causing acne and irritation. Handy tip - gently wash your face with a face cloth, it gets those spots your fingers can't.
- Take your time to remove all your make up and wash your face afterwards, it is so important to get rid of all make up and built up oils and dirt because it can clog your pores and make your breakouts more inflamed.
- Try and avoid touching your face during the day – your hands are full of bacteria and dirt. Remember, squeezing pimples causes scarring, but easing the pressure with a hot face cloth may be just what it needs to bring it out naturally - check out our blemish/ acne gel full on Manuka Honey (active 15+) and Canadian Willowherb to help improve an infection in as little as 24hours.
- Use a skin toner in your daily routine to nourish your skin with important minerals and vitamins
- Chemical vs Natural - Try not to use products with chemicals that are too harsh for your skin, go with gentle products that don't have too much fragrance and irritating ingredients. Our Soothing moisturiser contains organic Jojoba Oil which hydrates and softens the skin while the organic Aloe Extract soothes and aids in the repair of skin cells
- Keeping active not only helps your body stay in shape it also positively impacts your skin, perspiration helps to clear out your pores and freshen up your cells. Just make sure you are showering after exercise to refresh the skin and clear the sweat.
- Calm your way to clearer skin with face masques. The active Manuka honey in our purifying honey masque helps stop the spread of bacteria and prevent future breakouts.
- Consistency is the key to healthy skin. Get yourself into a routine and you will notice improvements everyday. Cleansing, toning, moisturising and using blemish gel on breakouts will help clear and repair your skin for the long term.
Be sure to take a look at our full problem skin range which includes all the products designed to gently soothe, protect and nourish your skin, giving you relief from inflammation and irritation. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions concerning your personal situation.Feeling like your eyes are drying out with the aircon & heaters being ramped up for the season? check out our top tips in eliminating dry and irritated skin around the eyes
until next time,
I have only just discovered your range and managed to get some teeny tiny samplers from the pharmacy today. Tonight is the first try and already loving the feel of it on my skin (was very very sceptical about the moisturizer as it feels so thick but, as you said in one of your other blogs, a little goes a long way! :-) )
In my teens I had the type of skin as in your photos above, now in my 30’s it has calmed down a lot but still always have some acne. I will be looking to purchase the starter pack in a few day after trying these samplers out first. Thanks
Ive already ordered and delivered soon. My order is skin problem with acne gel pack for teens. My son is turning 15 next yr of month of February..is itsafe to use for him? Thank you